Project: ArXivLab: A Platform for Developing and Evaluating Exploratory Tools for the Scientific Literature
Through ArXivLab we aim to develop the next generation recommender systems for the scientific literature using statistical machine learning approaches. In collaboration with ArXiv we are currently developing a new scholarly literature browser which will be able to extract knowledge implicit in the mathematical and scientific literature, offer advanced mathematical search capabilities and provide personalized recommendations.
One selected candidate will receive a stipend via the DSI Scholars program. Amount is subject to available funding.
- Dr. [Kriste Krstovski]http://www.columbia.edu/~kk3161/)
- Department/School: Data Science Institute
- Location: Data Science Institute
- Earliest starting date: 03/01/2019
- End date: 08/31/2019
- Number of hours per week of research expected during Spring 2019: ~10
- Number of hours per week of research expected during Summer 2019: ~20-40
- Student eligibility (as of Spring 2019):
freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, master’s
- International students on F1 or J1 visa: eligible