Project: Enhancing self-directed learning opportunities
Analyze data from one of the following library applications/systems and create visualizations that highlight the most important findings pertaining to the support of self-directed learning: Vialogues (TC Video Discussion Application), PocketKnowledge (TC Online Archive), DocDel (E-Reserve System), Pressible (Blogging Platform), Library Website and Mobile App.
- Professor Gary Natriello
- Department/School: Teachers College
- Location: 500 Russell Hall
- Start date: 06/11/2018
- End date: 08/17/2018
- Number of hours per week of research expected: 30
- Skill sets: Experience working with data and familiar with Python and R; Familiar with data mining and visualization packages (e.g., D3, Shiny, etc.); Willingness and ability to learn new technologies; Some software engineering experience; Interest in advancing research in education.
- Student eligibility (as of Spring 2018):
freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, master’s
- International students on F1 or J1 visa: eligible
- Other comments: candidates should be willing to work in a team environment.